Fdot district 4’s sr-9/i-95 broward express lanes
Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, Las Vegas
This project is a $112M Design-Build project that includes the design and construction of limited access, managed lanes by converting the existing High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane into 2 Express Lanes along I-95 from a point north of the SR 826 Golden Glades Interchange to a point south of the Broward Boulevard Park & Ride in both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Other aspects of the project include analyzing and designing all roadway and structural elements in addition to, but not limited to drainage, stormwater management, traffic control, permitting, utility coordination, lighting, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) infrastructure, tolling infrastructure, survey, geotechnical investigation, signing, pavement markings and FHWA re-evaluations.
- Traffic control for congested area
- Limited lane closures and limited work space
- Maintaining and installing new fiber-optic backbone
- Avoidance of utility conflicts
- Innovative foundation solutions for proposed light poles and sign structures.
- Existing infrastructure re-used whenever possible provided cost savings
- Coordination and creative engineering led to a redesign to avoid utility relocations – saving project time and money.